How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In West Lafayette
Remote work is the new way of life for many people, whether you occupy a large house or a studio apartment. If you inhabitate the latter, you won’t experience the benefit of an extra bedroom to claim as your home office, but you can still create a suitable work area. Follow these easy suggestions and learn how to make a home office in a small apartment in West Lafayette.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In West Lafayette
- Pick the right desk. Selecting a desk of a proper size to match your room is important. If you use a laptop, the desk only needs to extend from the wall approximately 20 inches. Your work surface ought to be about 28 inches off the floor and could be any width suitable for your space. Be sure you have room for a second monitor. You'll be thankful you have one when you have a spreadsheet up, a web conference going, and ten other windows open. Really tight on square footage? Try a two-tier collapsible desk you can hide away when you’re not using.
- Where to put the desk? If you can tuck your desk conveniently into a corner, great! But you might need to get more innovative when arranging. A slim desk might be moved directly behind a sofa. You could integrate a small rug and table lamp to designate the location as your office. An unused wall on one side of a room will also do nicely. Hang some pictures or intermix some plantlife so you aren’t looking at a boring wall all day.
- Let your desk serve a dual role. If you’re short on space, use your desk for more than a desk. Move it next to your bed to double as a nightstand. Or don’t utilize a desk at all and work at your kitchen bar or dining room table.
- Install floating shelves. These home office space savers work nicely when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have extra area for supplies or decor and can easily blend shelving into your room’s specific layout.
Would You Like A Change Of Pace? Try Your Apartment’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Looking for another possibility in your own living quarters? Try a small standing desk so you can stay mobile and stretch out. An inexpensive laptop stand may help get your device at the appropriate height.
Here are a handful of extra space-saving things you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in West Lafayette:
- Folders you can hang on the wall
- Small printer stand that fits nicely under the table
- Small storage units that stick to the bottom of your monitor
- Noise-canceling headphones for loud roommates and children
Fashion Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Continuum Apartments
Your home office will look great in your new apartment at Continuum Apartments. We have various floor plans available to fit your remote workspace needs. Arrange a tour of our West Lafayette property or contact us at (765) 476-0886 if you need additional information.