How To Accept Green Apartment Living In West Lafayette
Playing your role for the environment need not be a major undertaking. Even when you live in an apartment, there are many things you can do to help protect our planet for the next generation. Basic chores like choosing sustainable items and conserving water can make an impact over time. If you're ready to try eco-friendly apartment living in West Lafayette, here are some simple tips to get you started.
Replace Your Single-Use Products With Lasting Items
Say no to one-time plastic containers and single-use napkins for cleaning. Try durable items to your everyday routine. Here are a few simple swaps to think about.
- Water bottles: When utilizing services like an exercise room wouldn't it be preferable to bring a durable reusable water bottle instead of a unstable disposable bottle? Prevent sending out plastic to dumps by using a water bottle you can replenish.
- Kitchen dish towels and microfiber cleaners: End your reliance on disposable towels and instead, use reusable kitchen towels or microfiber cloths to clean up countertops, stovetops, and other stained surfaces.
- Refillable soap dispensers: Why discard your pre-filled soap dispenser in the trash when it's done? Instead, use a durable replenishable soap dispenser. You'll find them in a spectrum of patterns to complement your design aesthetic.
- Silicone bags and straws: Washable and durable, you can find a range of silicone-based products like produce containers, drinking straws, and even pouches you can carry to school or your workplace.
Go one step further and discover products such as soap dispensers and water bottles created with repurposed materials. This not only reduces waste but also supports a more sustainable future.
Consider Preserving Water And Energy For A Sustainable Apartment In West Lafayette
Have you ever forgotten to switch off the water while brushing your teeth or washing dishes? You are not a unique case. Being mindful of water usage is an excellent strategy for a sustainable apartment in West Lafayette. Along the same lines, be sure to turn off lights when leaving and shut off your computer.
Here are a few extra suggestions for conserving energy:
- Take a look at your light bulbs and consider making the change to light-emitting diode choices.
- Reduce hot water usage by cutting down on steamy showers and doing your laundry in cool water instead.
- Avoid running your HVAC system at full blast. Open windows when you can in the summertime and keep comfortable blankets, sweaters, and other warm clothing handy in the colder months.
Maximize your recycling efforts in West Lafayette
Even if you adopt the habit of using a refillable water bottle, you may still come across an infrequent plastic one in your West Lafayette apartment. Make sure to recycle it. Be sure to recycle everything you can, including toilet paper tubes, wine corks, and those cardboard boxes that arrive at your doorstep. Discover if your neighborhood has recycling. If not, you can find them in the surrounding area, on your local school’s campus, or even through your workplace.
Adopt a green lifestyle at your new West Lafayette home.
If you're seeking a new location to implement your green apartment living ideas, consider the amazing options at Continuum Apartments. Our West Lafayette apartments will enhance your lifestyle as you contribute to the health of the environment. You'll enjoy the large units, outstanding features, and attentive staff. Schedule a visit or simply call (765) 476-0886 to speak with a member of our team.