When you’re searching for a place to live, you’ll notice different types of apartment buildings in West Lafayette. Almost all fit within these groups: high-rise, low-rise, and mid-rise. But which kind of building is best? Learning the pros and cons of each option will help you determine what type of apartment you want to call home.
The Pros And Cons Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings usually feature at least ten stories. You’ll find them in urban city centers where their height gives them the ability to lodge a fair number of Residents within a modest horizontal area. Individuals who prefer residing in high-rise apartments like them for the following reasons:
- High-rise structures provide exceptional views of West Lafayette.
- They’re in the middle of the city within walking distance stores, various eateries, and attractions. Numerous high-rises also feature eating options or shops on their ground floor.
- They may lower your commute time if you work or attend school downtown.
- High-rise buildings use elevators, so you won’t be required to lumber up stairs.
- In a high-rise, all of your property’s occupants live in the same place. This may give you a stronger impression of community as you talk in the halls or on the elevator. You may even benefit the attention of a doorman or concierge.
Even with its various perks, habitating in a high-rise isn’t for every person. Making your home in an urban high-rise is entertaining and thrilling for many, but you probably won’t like it if you prefer space and solitude. Heading out to work or school can also require a bit more time when you live in a high-rise, and a downtown area may have a limited amount of on-site parking. Finally, high-rise apartments might be tiny to be able to accommodate more homes into limited space.
The Pros And Cons Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
When considering different types of apartment buildings in West Lafayette, low-rise or commonly referred to as garden-style buildings are at the other end of the spectrum fromhigh-rises. They typically feature four or fewer stories and are situated away from the city center. You normally see several low-rise structures on one property with plenty of of outdoor area surrounding them.
So why should you consider a low-rise option over other types of apartment buildings in West Lafayette?
- Low-rise apartments have more apartments on the lower level, providing effortless access out of the building.
- Low-rise properties usually boast more [parking places for Residents and others.
- You’ll find extra outdoor area to roam if you have a pet or a fondness for grass and trees past your window rather than a busy city street.
- You’ll reside in the quieter suburbs.
- You share hallways and common spaces with fewer folks and benefit from a greater amount of solitude.
Even so, not all people seeks these advantages. If you would rather have the excitement and nightlife of city life, a quiet suburban low-rise building won’t suit you. Based on where you go to school or work, you might have a long drive from your low-rise building as well.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
Mid-rise apartment buildings consist of five to nine levels. You’ll find mid-rise apartments in both city and residential areas, so they incorporate the perks of other types of apartment buildings in West Lafayette:
- When you have a mid-rise building in outlying areas, you’ll appreciate a peaceful place and exterior area mixed with the camaraderie of habitating in a taller building.
- In a mid-rise apartment in the center of West Lafayette, you won’t encounter as many tenants as a high-rise but you may still relish in the thrill of city living.
Having Trouble Deciding The Type Of Apartment Building You Like? Come See Beautiful Continuum Apartments
At Continuum, we integrate an enticing property with a popular location to provide a wonderful apartment living experience. Dial 765-767-5222 or arrange a tour to see our spacious apartments and luxury amenities for yourself.