Your Apartment Cleaning Checklist For West Lafayette
When you need to do a complete clean-out or your West Lafayette apartment really looks grubby, a good cleaning will freshen it up again. It can be easy to get frustrated when taking on too much at once. To make straightening up your unit less stressful, we’ve created an apartment cleaning checklist for West Lafayette Residents.
Your West Lafayette Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Every Room
Start with these jobs in each area of your unit before addressing individual rooms to be as efficient as possible. Utilize this apartment cleaning checklist for West Lafayette to track your progress.
- Throw away clutter.
- Look above you and dust in corners of ceilings.
- Clean door frames and tops of doors.
- Clean walls and baseboards.
- Get the dirt and dust off your windows with glass cleaner and a cloth.
- Wipe down, wash, or shake out window products like blinds, shades, and curtains.
- Use disinfecting wipes for doorknobs and high-touch areas.
- Mop or vacuum all flooring and remove scuff marks and stains.
- Before you put away your duster, get the blades and any hard-to-reach spots of all ceiling fans.
- Take out the trash.
Cleaning Checklist For The Living Room
- Freshen up furniture with a vacuum and spot cleaning. Use a pet hair attachment or lint roller if you share your home with furry friends.
- Dust all places where dust settles like table tops and entertainment centers.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dust electronics.
- Polish wood furniture.
- Sanitize remote controls.
- Make sure remotes, coasters, and other needed accessories are found in an easy-to-find area.
Dining Room Cleaning Checklist
- Brush loose crumbs from tabletops and seats and spot-clean stickier areas.
- Dust chair backs and legs.
- Rejuvenate wood tables by polishing or employ a spray-on cleaner on a glass-top table.
- Use a synthetic or feather dusting tool to clean off open shelving with breakables or dishes.
Apartment Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
- Wipe down cabinets with a cloth dampened with soapy water followed by a a clean, slightly dampened cloth].
- Wipe off kitchen counters with an appropriate product for the counter material or simply use white vinegar.
- Wash out the sink with a paste of baking soda and water. Some baking soda sprinked down the garbage disposal will help in eliminating foul odors. Rinse it with water once it’s left for 10 minutes or so.
- Run the dishwasher with a bowl of vinegar on the upper rack. Wipe out inside and out with a clean rag.
- Get a cup of water boiling in the microwave to let the dampened air soften hardened food scraps. Clear out the softened material with your choice of damp cloth or sponge.
- Carefully remove and clean stove burner parts in a sink. Spray the oven door and stove with a cleaner or equal parts water and white vinegar and scrub.
- Act in accordance with your oven’s self-cleaning instructions or just make use of the mix of baking soda and water to clean it out.
- Utilize a food-safe cleaning product or an equal blend of vinegar and water to clean the refrigerator’s interior an exterior; follow with a wet rag. Then move it and use a broom to sweep the floor.
Cleaning Checklists For Bathrooms
- Wide down mirrors with an appropriate cleaning product and a clean cloth.
- Wipe down counters with proper cleaners for your surface or vinegar and water on a sponge or cloth.
- Wash off cabinets with a mild liquid soap and then use a a clean cloth.
- Give the toilet a quick brush.
- Wipe off the exterior surfaces of the toilet with your choice of vinegar or disinfectant.
- Tackle the tub and shower with your preferred cleaner or vinegar-water mix.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for West Lafayette
- Clean up or rearrange your closet.
- Use a dust rag or feather duster on any shelves, desks or other surfaces.
- Launder the sheets.
- Collect your dirty clothes from the floor and place them in the hamper.
- Use an extendable dusting tool to dust underneath your bed frame.
Discover Your Next Apartment At Continuum Apartments
A tidy and neat place to live feels nice, but in some instances you would be better off with a new apartment altogether. Check out the spacious, luxury apartments at Continuum. Call our leasing specialists at (765) 476-0886 or schedule a tour to view your options.